With social media’s exploding popularity, it is increasingly risky for businesses to ignore this medium. Whether promoting a new service or gauging consumer reactions, companies today are dangerously close to behind the times if they are not yet involved in social media.
This Succeed with Social Media series in Broker Briefcase® is designed to provide general and in-depth advice on social media, including why it’s important, how to get started and other considerations—for you and your clients.
Why is social media so important?
Here are some of the general advantages of social media for any business:
- The possibilities for spreading content or ideas on social media are endless—word of mouth knows no barriers with social networks.
- Social media creates influence and scale in a way traditional media simply cannot, for a fraction of the cost.
- Mostly likely, people are already talking about your brand or company on social media. If you aren’t involved, you’re missing an opportunity to engage and address both positive and negative feedback.
- Competitors are likely on social media, meaning if your company is not, you are missing a crucial opportunity to monitor the competition. Plus, they may be reaching an audience you are missing.
Social media for your brokerage
There are many benefits to incorporating social media into your brokerage’s marketing strategy. It is a low-cost way to increase your reach, encourage referrals through amplified word-of-mouth marketing, and interact with customers and prospects on an individual level. In addition, social media can help you further your trusted advisor role because it is a great venue to share valuable content and expertise.
The bottom line? The benefits of social media can help you grow your business by winning new sales, increasing retention and promoting cross-sell and deep-sell opportunities. Our social media kit includes articles to help your brokerage capitalise on social media, introductions to the most popular platforms, tips and best practices, and sample posts and content ideas.
Social media for your clients
This series offers a valuable opportunity to connect with clients and educate them on a hot topic, strengthening your role as a forward-thinking, strategic partner. Social media can work as a natural, economical and effective extension of clients’ wellness programmes, employee and benefits communication plans, and recruiting initiatives.
Clients have potential to realise huge benefits for their business—and they’ll have you to thank for the additional guidance and value you’ve provided. Clients will learn about the basics, specific examples and best practices, and receive in-depth advice on topics including:
- Developing a social media plan
- Measuring ROI
- Legal considerations
- Protecting your reputation